Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Painting By Numbers #1

Here's a couple of miniatures I finished up recently. And by "finished up" I mean "hit the diminishing returns stage" rather than reach a satisfactory result. Neither has a fantastic paint job, but sometimes the best thing is to put the brush down and move on. I'm still picking up the skills needed for tabletop standards, much less anything more demanding.

The first miniature is from Reaper's Chronoscope line - Kirby McDowell (50028). I've been experimenting with Citadel's washes and decided to go for a dirty, rugged look. Not sure I like how it turned out. Kirby looks like he's spent some time outdoors, so I got the overall look right, but I need to work on my brush control. The suspenders look a little messy.





The second miniature is also from Reaper's Chronoscope line - Veronica Blaze (50007). I nicknamed this one "Lexi" for the contrasting purple and green color scheme. This one is another experiment - I used Citadel washes to bring out the details while drybrushing the highlighted areas. Overall, I think this one worked out well, except the skin turned out darker than I intended.




No comments:

Post a Comment