Wednesday, June 26, 2024

A Brief Visit to Warsenal

I hadn't planned on going to the Warsenal shop while seeing family in Florida. The place appeared while I was searching for tabletop gaming locations in the general area, because my addiction to my hobbies couldn't be put off for long. I've placed many online orders from Warsenal over the years. The chance to visit the place where all that laser cut MDF came from was too good to pass up.

The signage does make the place easier to find.

Warsenal is located in an unassuming industrial park. Getting there involved waiting for a big rig truck to finish backing in to another business and unblocking the road. They are open from 10am - 4pm on weekdays only. I would advise calling or emailing ahead to make sure that they are ready to receive visitors. It's a step I neglected, but I got lucky.

The place is a working shop ringed with laser cutters and assembly stations rather than a store location. They are set up for onsite sales and even have a modest play area with already assembled terrain. I was allowed to wander freely and pick out what I wanted from the available inventory of already packed kits. The compact space is arranged for maximum efficiency. Meaning that getting around involves squeezing through a few narrow spots.

Once I finished exploring, I inquired about an item I wasn't able to find. I was offered the chance to return in a couple of days if it needed to be cut. However, it turned out to be available, just not on display. I made my purchases and concluded my brief visit. As stated, this is a working shop, so I didn't want to hold up production any long than necessary.

I enjoyed the visit and would recommend it to any Warsenal fans who find themselves in the area. It's a fun - if brief - experience that I would've regretting passing up. Plus, it's nice to make an order without paying shipping costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment