Tuesday, February 8, 2022

A Brutal Cities Package Appears!

I used some of my Christmas cash on my first order from Brutal Cities, a company offering MDF terrain out of Australia. It's a one person operation run by a gentleman named Ryan. He fulfilled my order as soon as he got back from the holiday break. It took a month for the package to make the voyage from Australia to the United States thanks to the current state of affairs.

I didn't remove the backing on the signs before taking this photo, so they don't look as bright as they should be.

Billed as "Wargaming Architecture" on their website, Brutal Cities terrain has a functional aesthetic that fits into a variety of sci-fi settings. I first learned of the company on YouTube: One Terrain for All Games - Brutal Cities (MDF) by 52 Miniatures. In need of more 28mm scale sci-fi terrain for some reason, I put in a modest order.

Eternity Lab Module A & Module C
Brutal Cities' Eternity Labs is a modular MDF terrain system designed to be stacked up or spread out as needed. Module A is the smallest one and Module C is the largest. Brutal Cities offers a bundle of three Module B pieces in addition to individual pieces. The bundle something I'm keeping in mind if I choose to expand my collection down the road.

Cyberpunk Acrylic Neon Signs
This is a set of eight acrylic signs designed to hook onto a 3mm MDF terrain building. The pink and green are really bright, selling the idea of them being neon - although they would likely be some kind of LED technology even in a cyberpunk hellhole. There's a nice selection of signs advertising various fictional businesses. One's for a milk bar, another for a burger joint, a couple that I'll have to squint at later, and a couple for Brutal Cities itself - which is fair enough, I figure.

One of the signs didn't survive the trip from down under. I haven't decided if I'm going to just leave it as "weathering" or try to glue it back together.

I'm looking forward to putting these together, painting them up, and seeing how they work on the tabletop. There's plenty more variety to choose from if I take a liking to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment