Thursday, December 15, 2011

Painting By Numbers #2


This set of curious little aliens (Reaper Chronoscope, 50130: Gray Aliens) was intended to be a quick and easy project. The idea was to complete something fast to generate the momentum needed to keep working throughout the holiday season.

Well, they painted up pretty quick. Once I got around to them, that is. There's not much to these guys. One thing I wish I was more careful with was trimming the mold lines. The sculpts are very smooth, so everything I missed shows up with close inspection. It's a good thing I was only shooting for tabletop standards.



Overall, I like this set. There is a tongue-in-cheek approach to the details. The leader is making a promise with his fingers crossed behind his back. The doctor is putting on his gloves with a flourish. The scribe is taking notes on an old-fashioned clipboard and has a suspicious zipper on the back of his head. The soldier and his rifle are fairly straightforward, but still fits right in. These miniatures might not fit into a dark and serious campaign, but should find a home in a game with a sense of whimsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment