Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Back from a Blogging Break

I made the conscious decision to take August off. Things at work have been changing non-stop since my place of employment changed hands a year ago. 2020 has been weird and stressful for everybody. Putting paint on plastic and metal figures seemed a little meaningless. I couldn't focus enough to put words on the screen. I took a month off blogging and hobby stuff to recharge a bit.

During my blogging break, I realized that I need a plan. In March, I started posting more regularly to this blog. My goal was modest - two posts a month. I achieved posting twice a month in March, April, and May. June and July each saw an increase to three posts per month. It was going well. Then I hit a wall. I had been dusting off old projects, reviewing a few things, and sharing thoughts about tabletop games. But just doing whatever came to mind could only go so far. Without direction, I drove off a cliff.

I still don't have a solid plan. That's coming together. Right now, I want to continue to gradually increase the number of posts I put out per month until I find a comfortable and sustainable pace. I've barely put a dent in my mountain of miniatures, so slinging more paint is in my future. My reviews seem to be well received, so I'm happy to offer up more opinions about the products I purchase. I can discuss tabletop gaming all darn day, so more posts about whatever game or gaming topic that catches my attention seems like a good outlet. I'd like to experiment with more tutorial posts. I did a post on electrical box terrain quite a while back and I've been thinking about revisiting the idea in more detail. Finally, I have almost as many old projects that need finishing as I do unpainted miniatures, so that's a bunch of stuff that needs doing.

It's not a plan, but it is a direction to go until I come up with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment